Friday, December 2, 2011

Fri Dec 2

I'm off for a few days...headin down south to celebrate the 20th anniversary of my HS XC team winning national championships.

Karl has his money on "a foreigner" at TNF50.

Former URP'ers Don and Scott have launched their own site. Check them out and join the TrailRunnerNation.

Don't run in public wearing a gas mask and ballistic vest.

New study on how age effects your running economy.

If you've got 10 minutes to read a truly extraordinary story about a high school janitor, check this out. Hat tip to Don.

3 comments:

  1. I'm confused, when did Don and Scott leave the podcast? I feel like I missed something.

    It seems they have their own podcast and re-interviewed a couple people from their URP days. I don't know what to make of it. I like URP and I don't want to be disloyal (get those donations in!).

    They do have a funny typo at the top of the footer, it says "TRAIN RUNNER NATION". I'm sure it will be fixed soon enough, but running with trains is not something I'd recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - what up Don and Scott?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott and Don left URP a few months ago. We decided to work through it, so as not to draw attention away from the guests and the true gist of the site.

    They are doing their own thing now, and yes, they do overlap some of our guests, but we believe there's enough room in this universe for both of us.

    We wish them the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete