Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thurs, July 14, 2011

Musings from one of the maniacs running across the county in the LA-NY Footrace.

Hate to say it, but the US wasn't represented very well at the IAU's Trail Running 70k Championships in Ireland last week. Perhaps there were just too many other races going on.

Your friendly blogger Eric is getting ready to roadtrip across the country for 6 weeks, starting Aug 21.  Any races or killer trails I need to know about? Email me at eric.schranz@ultrarunnerpodcast.com.

If you still don't have plans for this weekend, can I strooongly suggest you get to the Sacramento State track to watch the World Masters Track Meet? Friday is the 1500 finals where Ed Whitlock will attempt to break his third world record this week, and Sunday is the Marathon with Scott Dunlap, Jean Pommier, Jim Howard, and a few dozen Kenyans of all ages.

I think I've found my new favorite Facebook group.

No comments:

Post a Comment